Countertop Installation and Finalization
Once the template is created, the laser template measurements are sent for processing and used with our CAD software to create an accurate template. Your next step will be viewing your material! You can also request to view the full slab prior to fabrication. After this, we’ll set an installation date, typically 1-2 weeks after template. Here’s how to prepare and what to expect:
Once your countertops have been fabricated from your chosen slab, it’s time to install! Your project manager will be in touch to schedule your final installation appointment.
How to Prepare:
- Make sure a primary decision-maker is onsite during your appointment.
- Give your project manager any access codes, parking instructions, or other information we might need to get to your home safely.
- Note that the final payment is due at the time of installation. Please have your payment method ready for our team. Note that credit card payments require a processing fee.
- Clear any clutter or furniture to create a clear path to your kitchen or bathroom. We may need to reschedule if there is no safe route (including driveways and outside access) for our installers to carry heavy loads. Natural stone weighs several hundred pounds and any clutter may lead to injury of people or pets or damage to your property.
- Please keep all children and pets safely away during your installation time.
What to Expect:
- We’ll call you the day before to confirm an arrival window. Installers will let you know if they will be delayed beyond that window. Please plan for a minimum install time of 2-3 hours for average size projects.
- Our installation staff will need to move between the workspace and our installation vehicle. Please make sure the way is clear.
- Note that epoxy, silicone, and other adhesives are used during the installation process. We may need to open windows or doors for ventilation.
- Holes may be drilled on-site during installation. Have your faucets and soap dispensers available and be prepared to discuss placement of these holes.
- Before we leave, we’ll make sure appliances such as stoves and dishwashers can open and close properly. Feel free to review this to confirm there are no issues.
- We do not reconnect electrical or plumbing systems. Please schedule reconnections no sooner than 4 hours after installation is complete. Please do not schedule reconnections immediately after an installation time.
- A new backsplash can be installed now that the countertops have been installed.
- If adjustments need to be made that cannot be done on-site, we’ll transport your countertop to our shop. In some cases, adjustments can be made same-day, but if not, we’ll do our best to minimize any disruptions to your schedule.
Once your installation is complete, you’ll be given a Certificate of Completion to sign. Enjoy your new countertops!